Friday, March 26, 2010

The Leprechaun Cometh......

All I wanted to do today was get my nails done.  One hour of blessed solitude.  That's all.  I focus on that all day, how I need it, I deserve it, I want it.  I...I....I....So I need to get Hayden from school/daycare by 6.  It's 3.  Then it's 4.  I am now officially late (as usual); 25 mins to the nail place, an hour there, a stop at the grocery and 25 mins back home.....ok, I'm really good at math yet I still have managed to convice myself that I can make it back by 6.  I'm really pissed as I realize all I have time for is a trip to the grocery and then pickup Hayden.  No nails. All mad.  It takes a conversation with Mike, and a few minutes of pouting on my part, for me to figure out that I should pickup Hayden first, then take her with me to the nail place and the store.  DUH! I remember that she has been asking to go for a while and I kept blowing her off.  It would have been like every other time...."Mommy you said you would take me!"  "I know baby, but Mommy had to go before she picked you up."  And she would be sad and I would be like whatever.  So I decided I could sacrifice my alone time to make her day for once.  The moment I felt most like a terd was when, in the car on the way to the salon, we were talking about colors and Hayden said "I want to get whatever color you get because you are the best Mommy EVER!"  So I was really glad we did it, and she had an awesome time! 

More evidence of my level of distraction, or inability to see past my own nose, was brought forth on the way home.  We had the following conversation in the car:

"Mommy, the leprechaun took off my seatbelt"
"No it didn't Hayden, put your seatbelt back on"
"He did Mommy, he did, he took off my seatbelt"
"Well, just put it back on"

a few minutes later.....

"Mommy, the leprechaun stole my clothes"
"Hayden, the leprechaun did not steal your clothes, I will show you when we get home"
"Mommy he did, he stole my clothes and my shoes"
"Ok Hayden, sure. We'll see when we get home"

a few minutes later......

"Hayden, what is that smell? It smells like poop, what's going on back there?"
"It doesn't smell like poop"
"Yes, it does"
"Well.....maybe you bought poop at the store!"
Really?  "No, Hayden I did not buy poop at the store"

So, we get home, I am totally in my own world, and I take a couple things into the house.  I come back out to get the groceries, and Hayden is standing in the doorway of the van......totally.......NAKED!  Hahaha what? She undressed herself in the car on the way home and I didnt even notice.  So I figured out the smell must have been her rainboots, I guess they make her feet smell.  Found her clothes balled up in the back of the van.  Talk about distracted.  Not paying attention.  Unbelievable.  Hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment