Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I Am Sooo Bad At This!

My lord, its embarrassing to even admit how long its been since I posted here.  I'm going to stop promising to do it, because I only make myself look bad when another five or six YEARS go by between posts.

I was just having a discussion with myself the other day about keeping promises and how I let myself down day after day.  I finally broke the cycle with the purchase of a piano, fulfilling my promise to myself that I would play again after 30 years.  I am so excited, overjoyed and proud of myself for pushing through the anxiety and just doing it.  I'm still trying to sort out all the reasons that made it so hard to pull the trigger on that dream, to stop talking and start doing.  Its almost like I had to do it before I realized I was doing it.  I tricked me!

I also want to write.  I keep coming back to this blog and promising to start it again blah blah blah.  So no promises, but I am going to try to write more.  It's like buying that piano and playing it that night with my youngest, was the key to open the gates that kept me out of the life I kept talking about having.  A life that includes personal successes, finishing what I start, doing fun and satisfying things and keeping promises. 

Life is more than waking up, going to work, coming home, making dinner and going to sleep, only to start all over the next day.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

There's so much more in life.  There's so much more in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment